Before & After: From “Wreck” Room to Fun Family Room
Even super-organizers deal with overwhelming clutter sometimes.
Former California Closets design consultant MaryAnne Roberts was struggling with a common organizational issue: Toys everywhere!
Her busy home was becoming over-burdened with her toddler and pre-schooler’s toys all over the floor – particularly in their finished basement.
Both little boys had toys and trucks that were constantly out. MaryAnne and her husband needed a place to put things away so that the space could be presentable when they wanted to have company over. The couple also wanted their space back so they could could simply enjoy watching TV once the kids were in bed.
It was time to transform their cluttered basement into a true family room that everyone could enjoy.
- Design a media center that functions as a family room wall unit.
- Six large drawers were designed on the bottom of the wall unit, easy to reach for the little ones to open and close. No more toys left on the floor!
- A custom design to perfectly fit the family’s TV, plus plenty of space for books and games.
- An elegant Chocolate Peartree finish to coordinate with the new paint and carpet in the room. The rich color is complemented by handles and knobs in our Oil Rubbed Bronze finish.
- Crown molding that goes to the ceiling, to give the unit a true built-in look.
Here it is. What a difference!
The Roberts are very pleased with the function and look of their new family room wall unit! What do you think of their makeover? Let us know in the comments!