We know how to show off your prized possessions. #TuesdayShoesday http://t.co/aUc3wGXuQ2
Before & After: Cindy’s Amazing Birthday Present
Jim & Cindy visited our West Hartford, CT showroom at the end of the summer to book a consultation and take a peek at our products.
Getting their master bedroom walk-in closet was a project they had been interested in for awhile, and it seemed like the perfect present for Cindy’s upcoming birthday!
I met with them one evening later that week, and we discussed not only what they needed in terms of storage space, but how the closet needed to function for them.
I learned that Cindy was in her closet multiple times a day: to get workout clothing, dress for work, and then change into casual clothing for gardening and house work.
We needed to design a custom solution that would save her time and headaches so she could quickly get ready each part of her day.
Cindy and Jim also had other requirements for the design:
- A built in, traditional style from floor to ceiling.
- A design that seamlessly worked around the radiators on the back wall.
- Hiding the attic access panel in the wall, but still make it accessible three to four times a year.
- A spot for Cindy’s scarves that was easy to see and access.
- Drawers to allow less reliance on bedroom furniture.
- An increased amount of “open” space in the closet to make it more spacious when moving around in there.
After listening carefully to all of Jim & Cindy’s needs, I was able to design a closet that was a home run on both functionality and style.
Take a peek at the before and after photos to see all of the great features- you won’t believe the transformation!
Stephanie Scharr Bonini is a California Closets design consultant based in northern Connecticut who works with clients throughout New England. She is an expert at listening carefully to her clients to achieve a perfect balance of style, function, and budget with every project.