"The world is but a canvas to the imagination" - Thoreau http://t.co/RcdgV5P7oe
Home Improvement Tips: Upgrade Your Kitchen Storage
As summer approaches, home owners are getting ready for home improvement projects.
And it’s perfect timing, since May is National Home Improvement Month!
Whether you’re thinking about a major overhaul or a minor upgrade, it’s important to know what the best investment will be and where to start. The right remodeling project will help boost your home value, making it worth the time, energy and money.
The most important thing to remember: Make the most of your space and budget as you upgrade your home so it not only functions better, but look fabulous too.
Get Cooking in the Kitchen
For many of us, the kitchen is the center of our home – for eating, socializing and organizing for the day. It’s no surprise that it’s also one of the top remodeling projects that increases your home’s value.
Ready to upgrade your kitchen? A custom pantry is a simple project that can make you feel like a master chef in your own home.
To create a kitchen that is beautiful, organized and well-utilized, design a pantry solution that accommodates your most commonly used ingredients and cooking tools.
- Shelves should be situated at different heights to fit everything from cereal boxes to bags of dog food.
- Slide-out baskets are terrific for quickly glancing at easy-to-grab items like snacks or produce.
- Drawers are perfect for cans and spices so nothing gets lost in the back of a cabinet.
- Vertical cubbies store large platters and trays for no-fumble access.
It’s amazing what an organized pantry can do you for your kitchen! Get started with these tips and inspiration:
- Home Cooking on the Ranch: Jewel’s Custom Pantry
- A Pantry Makeover: From “Disaster” to “What’s for Dinner?”
- Pantry Tips: The 4 Secrets to Fantastic Food Storage
When it comes to pantry storage, you don’t need a huge budget to design a space that works for you! Just a smart plan that makes all of your ingredients and kitchen tools easy to organize and access.
Let us know if you have any questions about pantry design. And if you like these tips, share them with your friends and family!
Ginny Snook Scott is the Chief Design Officer at California Closets. She has over 25 years experience with California Closets and has helped over 1,000 clients create custom closets and organize their home. Connect with Ginny on Google+.