Home Improvement Tips: Create More Closet Storage
May is National Home Improvement Month, so it’s the perfect time to plan upgrades for your house.
We’ve already talked about how pantry storage is a top priority, especially if you’re looking for ways to increase the value of your home.
But there’s another feature that needs attention if you want to catch a potential buyer’s eye.
Househunters Hunt for Storage
Have you ever walked into a house and thought, “Oh, I don’t know. It’s nice and everything, but there are just too many closets.”
Of course not!
According to our own homeowner surveys, closet space is a top priority for people looking to buy a home: 91% said it was either important or very important when househunting.
So, if you want to boost the value of your home and enjoy increased organization and peace of mind, think about which spaces in your home need better storage solutions.
How will you know if you need better closet organization? Here are some signs:
- You’re still living with a wire shelving contraption in your master closet that’s about to collapse.
- Your family room is a dangerous gauntlet of scattered toys and remote controls.
- Your home office screams stress and clutter rather than whispering peace and productivity.
Pick the neediest area and create a plan for custom storage. It will be a worthwhile investment, whether you’re planning to sell or stay.
Get motivated with these before-and-after custom closet stories:
- Clif’s New Reach-In Closet (+ Time Lapse Video)
- Cindy’s Amazing Birthday Present
- A Walk-In Closet Transformation
Do you have questions about home improvement or custom closets? Ask us in the comments and we’ll be happy to help. If you’ve found this post helpful or inspiring, please share it with your friends!